Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Household Binder

So, I have an original blog (www.jbaker65.blogpot.com), but when Google asked me if I wanted to log-in to Blogger with my Gmail account, I clicked yes; and it wanted me to set up a new blog.  I can't access the original blog right now, so I started this new one.

Anyway, I enjoy reading Jen's organizing blog and decided on Thursday, March 31st, to participate in her March Challenge:  Project Household Binder.  So I'm a little late to the party!

I used Jen's free printables and just added my name across the top of the sheets, since I'm single.  I haven't labeled my tabs yet because I want to make sure the binder is usable for me in its present form!  I do love being organized!

I had sheet protectors on hand (clearance from Target, maybe?  I don't remember buying them!  But I bought like 6 packs at .44 with 20 protectors!) and bought the binder and tabs with pockets at Target on Friday, 4/1.

The first page

 I'm using the calendar pages from Jen.  They are not in sheet protectors since I will write on them frequently.  I combined the calendars and Important Dates for one tab.  I also included the Gift Giving printable from Jen.  Just didn't take a picture of it.

 I also combined the Auto Log and Home Maintenance under one tab.
I just had a programmable thermostat installed at the end of last month and got a new washer and dryer from Sears in January, so the paperwork for those are in the front pocket.


 Finance checklist
 The Contact Information tab, which includes bank information, insurance policies, etc.  I do want to get a baseball card holder for business cards like Jen did!
 Pet Sitter Notes - I have a cat, Penni.  I don't normally go away for more than a couple days at a time, so she is fine for a weekend.  But if I do go for more than a couple days, this sheet will definitely be helpful.
 Movie Inventory - my DVD's are alphabetized, so this will be easy to fill out! =)
 Jen did a tab for her meal planning, freezer inventory, etc.  I don't plan my meals (LOL), other than to go out to eat, eat at friends, or grab a Lean Cuisine meal out of the freezer.  So my last tab includes take out menus and I created one sheet, so far, of restaurants or places I want to visit.
This was a fun project and I'm looking forward to really using this system!
Thanks, Jen!



3 comments:

  1. Hi, I only just found out about the binders so haven't created one myself but decided to peruse around and see what everyone came up with and get some great ideas!

    Thanks for the tip re: no sheet protectors for the pages you will use frequently-for some reason that did not occur to me! (blaming it on mommy brain!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remove the pic with your checkbook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can use sheet protectors on frequently used sheets as well just use a dry erase marker to write on the sheet protector and it wipes clean when you want to erase the sheet

    ReplyDelete